1) Pray for God to remove the blindness from their eyes, to open their eyes so they can see. The bible says the god of this world, Satan, has blinded the minds of the unbelievers.
“Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:4 (NLT)“Open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.'” Acts 26:18 (NLT)
Lord, please remove the blinders from ________’s eyes and open his/her eyes.
2) Pray that as they can see that the eyes of their understanding would be enlightened and that God would bring about situations, circumstances and grant them repentance in their lives to lead them to the truth.
“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people” Ephesians 1:18(NIV)
“Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.” 2 Timothy 2:25 (NLT)
Lord, I pray that as _______’s eyes are opened that you would bring about situations and circumstances that would lead him/her to the truth.
3) Pray for God to turn and soften their heart to make it tender and responsive.
“For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes-so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.” Matthew 13:15 (NLT)
“And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.” Ezekiel 36:26 (NLT)
Lord, I ask you to turn and soften _______’s heart. Put a new spirit in him/her. Take out _______’s stony, stubborn heart and give him/her a tender, responsive heart.
4) Pray that they will be drawn to God and develop a hunger and desire for Him.
“For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up.” John 6:44 (NLT)
“For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” Philippians 2:13 (NLT)
Lord, please draw ______ to you and give him/her a hunger and desire for you.
5) Pray that God would send “laborers” across their path.
“These were his instructions to them: “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest is, but the worker are few. So pray the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.” Luke 10:2 (NLT)
Lord, please send laborers from variety of sources across _______ path. Let him/her see you wherever he/she goes, so much so that he/she cannot escape you!
6) Pray for God to put a hedge of protection around them so that any ungodly influences would lose interest and depart. “But I will fence her in with thorn bushes. I will block the road to make her lose her way. When she runs after her lovers, she won’t be able to catch up with them. She will search for them but not find them. Then she will think ‘I might as well return to my husband because I was better off with him than I am now.'” Hosea 2:6-7 (NLT)
Lord, please put a hedge of protection around ______ so that any ungodly influences around him/her would lose interest and depart.
7) Pray for any chains that bind them to be broken, any strongholds to be removed and that they will be free from Satan’s influence over their mind, will and emotions.
“‘LORD, help!’ they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He led them from the darkness and deepest gloom; he snapped their chains.” Psalm 107:13-14 (NLT)
“For you will break the yoke of their slavery and lift the heavy burden from their shoulders. You will break the oppressor’s rod, just as you did when you destroyed the army of Midian.” Isaiah 9:4 (NLT)
Lord, please break any chains, stronghold or barriers that bind _______ and free him/her from Satan’s influence over his/her mind, will and emotions.
8) Pray that their mind, heart and lives would be transformed and renewed.
“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and
pleasing and perfect. ” Romans 12:2 (NLT)
Lord, I pray that _______ ‘s mind, heart and life would be transformed and renewed.
9) Pray that they would be convicted by the Holy Spirit and change their attitude toward sin.
“And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.” John 16:8 (NLT)
Lord, I pray that ______ would be convicted by the Holy Spirit and that he/she would have your attitude toward sin.
10) Pray that God’s kindness would lead them to full repentance, and that they would turn away from their sin.
“Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?” Romans 2:4 (NLT)
Lord, please let your kindness lead ______ to full repentance and help him/her to turn away from their sin.